Infinity Foundation is the Chicago area's leading holistic education center. Infinity offers Courses For Life®, providing you with experiential courses in personal, professional, and spiritual growth to enhance your life.
Whether you are at the entry level to the vast world of holistic education, health and healing or seeking advanced training and certification, we are here to serve you. You are invited to attend our courses and free mini-workshops.
The Summer-Fall 2017 course guide is out now. Request a Free Course Guide.
Infinity Foundation Named Best Place for Lifelong Learning Classes and Best Place for Meditation.
Mindfulness is the essential heart of Buddhist teachings. Mindful living is a way of loving and more fully accepting yourself and the world. There are six kinds of mindfulness, according to ancient, yet timely, Tibetan meditation traditions. Find out how to let go of impediments to open communication and healthy relationships. Discover methods to deal with challenging emotions, essential in leading a healthy well-balanced, harmonious life.
Join Lama Surya Das, bestselling author and recipient of the 2003 Infinity Foundation Spirit Award, who is one of the most learned and respected Buddhist teachers in the West. In his original, light, and lively style, discuss, study, and practice meditation and mindfulness to integrate it into your daily-life practice. Engage in mindfulness practices by:
- Recognizing: Notice with equanimity a familiar stimulus that habitually pushes your hot buttons and triggers, an unfulfilling, retaliatory response such as harsh words or unfair treatment, that might very well provoke retaliation in kind.
- Recollecting: With remindfulness, remember the downsides and disadvantages of returning hatred with hatred, anger with anger, harm with harm. Buddha said, “Hatred is not appeased by hatred. Hatred is appeased only by love.” Recollect the upside—the significant advantages of practicing patience, forbearance, tolerance, and stoic acceptance of karma and its repercussions. Find and mine the sacred pause.
- Refraining and restraining, through reframing: Practice recognizing the adversary or critic as a teacher, friend, ally in helping you develop patience and overcome unconscious, habitual, and unproductive reaction patterns. The most difficult person or situation can become your greatest teacher, your greatest opportunity.
- Relinquishing: Give up habitual conditioned reactivity and let go of impulsive urges in favor of more consciously chosen intelligent responsiveness. Accept the fact that such urges arise, and become informed how not to suppress or indulge them. Find out how to let them be without acting on them and ultimately dissolve them.
- Reconditioning and deconditioning habitual reactivity through remindfulness: Recall an entire situational dynamic you have now reviewed, while refraining, relinquishing, and reflecting on how little it will matter in a few months and years. Discover letting go of unwholesome reaction patterns.
- Responding appropriately, intelligently, consciously, choicefully, and proactively, rather than reactively: In some cases, this may translate into doing nothing or in other cases responding with equanimity. Make wiser, more skillful decisions based on conscious awareness and experience.
Through cultivating mindful awareness and lucid presence, enable yourself to live more fully and truly inhabit each and every moment. Increase calm and inner peace, focus and attention span, effectiveness, patience, and resilience. Spirituality can be the medicine for all that afflicts you. Discover how to utilize these levels and stages of mindfulness to obtain multiple benefits, both secular and sacred. This retreat is for both new and experienced meditators. Bring a cushion if you would like to sit on the floor. Chairs are provided. The Saturday night optional evening program includes guided meditation, chanting, and lively questions and answers.
This exciting, fun, hands-on, and empowering two-day training is designed for you to develop skills as an Advanced Certified Angel Card Reader using angel tarot cards. Open your intuition and natural spiritual abilities to receive accurate information during your card readings with in-depth, yet easy-to-follow instructions and feedback with Radleigh Valentine, co-author with Doreen Virtue of the best-selling Angel Tarot Cards, Archangel Power Tarot, Guardian Angel Tarot, Angel Answers Oracle Cards, and The Big Book of Angel Tarot. Work with yours or another person’s guardian angels and archangels to heal and harmonize every aspect of life. Develop a magical relationship with angels through the Divine language of tarot.
Engage with Valentine’s inspiring style of teaching that is fun and offers deep spiritual insights. There will be plenty of interactive time using the cards so whether you are a novice or have tarot skills, you can take your knowledge to a new level with more advanced information than ever before, as this training is the very first time Valentine is teaching it. Bringing nearly 30 years of experience with taking the fear and confusion out of the ancient divinatory language of tarot, Valentine’s teaching style is clear, easy, concise, and gives you the tools and confidence to use the deck to do readings for yourself and others. Experience reading tarot cards by melding its uplifting messages with the heavenly guidance of the angels and archangels.
Acquire an understanding of each card, and advance your knowledge and ability whether you are a beginner or have experience with tarot cards. Gain in-depth wisdom using the three sections of the major arcana and how they mirror life, the four suits of the minor arcana, and the dazzling personalities represented by the court cards. Delve into much more advanced topics by:
- Recognizing the common symbolism of the tarot and how to interpret it.
- Appreciating the astrology of the major arcana.
- Gaining insight into the meaning of numbers via numerology and angel numbers.
- Differentiating the good and so-called bad cards of tarot and why those distinctions are false.
- Connecting to the primary 15 archangels and how they work with tarot.
- Becoming a professional tarot card reader.
There will be plenty of time to lay spreads and practice readings. Please bring Angel Tarot Cards. These are the decks Valentine created and everyone can learn best when everyone is using the same decks. Decks are available at www.hayhouse.com on Amazon.com, or for purchase at the training. Participants who successfully complete the training will be certified by Radleigh Valentine as an Advanced Certified Angel Card Reader and will receive a certificate that is suitable for framing. Register early, space is limited. An extra card reading practice day is available on Monday.
A block of rooms is available at the Courtyard Marriott Highland Park, 1505 Lake Cook Road, Highland Park, IL 60035. Rooms will be held until June 30. To make a room reservation, call 800-321-2211 or 847-321-2211 and identify yourself as part of the Infinity Foundation Room Block. Hotels in the area tend to sell out, so it is advisable to book a room early.
Real love is about developing a core within and an ability to love beyond reciprocating. It invites you to practice courage, as well as resilience, self-forgiveness, acceptance, gratitude, and letting go.
Join Sharon Salzberg, one of the most influential meditation teachers in the West, in her most recent work and upcoming release, Real Love. Move beyond the standard definition of love as intense affection, romance, adoration, strong attachment, and personal attraction. Discover how to redefine and explore a world of greater possibility to experience love in a more essential way, without the stale narratives perpetuated by popular culture. Move from feelings of alienation to reconciliation and peace while still maintaining your integrity. Experience and appreciate love as a more sustaining and sustainable kind of happiness.
Increase awareness and a sense of deep connection with yourself and others. Apply mindfulness and loving kindness to reach into your heart, open it, and take risks by breaking free of the limits and expectations of love. Create a spacious balance of mind that allows you a more direct, experiential relationship with love.
Identifying and acknowledging your habitual thought patterns is the first step in developing a greater sense of awareness regarding your moment-to-moment existence. With core mindfulness and loving kindness techniques and meditation experientials, be guided through methods that best align with where you are right now by:
- Acknowledging and reconciling the inclusion of loving with yourself, others, and the world.
- Connecting and fostering self-love and love for others.
- Enhancing your capacity to love and receive the love of others with acceptance and a new perspective.
In these practices, you are invited to return, abide, and dwell in the flourishing of your potential. Rather than fall in and out of love, rise in love. Experience more compassion and well-being, connection, and a stronger sense of authenticity.
This retreat is for both new and experienced meditators. Bring a cushion if you would like to sit on the floor. Chairs are provided. The Saturday night optional program offers time for questions and answers and guided meditation.